APEX Series Premium Fume Cupboards
Light & Bright APEX Fume Cupboards
Maximum working space, low energy usage and excellent containment are all on offer with the APEX fume cupboard.
The premium, advanced technology range has been developed in collaboration with users to meet operators’ needs. With toughened glass sides in addition to the glass sash, it provides a light and airy working space. And because the glass is thinner than the traditional twin skin of a fume cupboard, you gain extra space too.
The radius profile frontal design of the APEX fume cupboard range provides a smooth curved entrance and the high-level glass panel gives full viewable access to the internal chamber. Both the APEX-2 and APEX-3 operate at low volume flow rates down to 0.3 m/s.
The APEX-2 has a single skin chamber which can accommodate a much wider worktop than a conventional twin skin design. For example, an 1800 mm wide APEX-2 has a wider internal chamber than a 2000 mm wide traditional fume cupboard. The APEX-2 fume cupboard also has a generous working height and depth, and the glass sides make for a lighter work space.
The APEX-3 offers the benefits of the APEX-2, with a twin skin side wall to allow service outlets to be side-mounted. Contact us for more information.
APEX Fume Cupboard Performance & Safety
The Apex fume cupboard range is certified to BS EN 14175. The key Robustness of Containment Protection Factor (PFR) reading is 1,500,000 for an 1800 mm wide version at 0.3 m/s face velocity
All these features as standard
- Variable air volume and constant air volume versions are available
- Carcass constructed from polyester coated Zintec steel, 13 mm thick Trespa® solid grade laminate and (APEX-2 only) toughened glass
- Internal baffles from 6 mm Trespa® solid grade laminate
- Flush membrane control panel with digital airflow display
- Visual and audible low airflow alarm
- Water and gas services
- MK Power sockets as standard
- Electrics pre-wired to 8 way consumer unit complete with built-in MCBs
- LED flat panel lighting
- Cast epoxy worktop with raised edges all round
- 316-grade stainless steel hinged lower aerofoil for cable entry
- Removable upper service panel for easy periodic maintenance and inspection
- State of the art appearance and a choice of colours
- 316-grade stainless steel tissue guards to prevent debris being drawn into the extract ductwork
- Polyester coated steel storage cupboards (lockable), vented to extract system, lockable castors
- Framed sash with horizontal sliding glass panels
- Ceramic, Trespa® ToplabPLUS, stainless steel or polypropylene worktop (instead of cast epoxy)
- Automatic fire suppression system – dry powder or CO2
- Polypropylene or fire rated storage cupboards (instead of steel cupboards)
- Trespa®, stainless steel or polypropylene side panels (instead of glass)
- Pass through ports in side panels
- Automatic sash closure with PIR presence sensor
- Extra deep version available (1100 mm deep instead of standard 900 mm deep)
- High Heat Load version available
- Available in either bench-mounted, distillation or walk-in versions
- Lockable storage cupboards – Zintec zinc coated mild steel construction, polyester powder-coated in white to a textured finish
- A wide range of RAL colours available to colour match your standard fume cupboard to your branding
- Standard Widths: 1200 mm, 1500 mm, 1800 mm, 2000 mm, 2400 mm
- Standard Depths 900 mm, 1100 mm
Keeping you safe – Service & Maintenance
We provide full service and maintenance packages for our fume cupboards, and for most other makes and models of fume cupboard.
During our fume cupboard servicing visit highly trained, enhanced DBS-checked test engineers ensure that each fume cupboard, fume extract system and fan is completely fit for purpose and complies with BS EN 14175. Contact us for details.