Are you looking for an exciting challenge? We’re a growing family-owned business that’s adding value to universities, schools and commercial laboratories across the UK and we’re an equal opportunities employer. We’re looking for a full-time Trainee Technical Sales Engineer to join our friendly team and help us achieve our goals. Contact us to apply.
Technical Sales Engineer
This full-time, permanent role is based in Farnworth and will lead to occasional travel to customer sites.
We lead the fume cupboard market with our high-quality products. We’re expanding and this is a key role to keep us at the forefront of our sector. It isn’t just a job, it’s a rewarding career with a clear pathway progression towards a senior level position within our busy sales office.
A technical mindset and a willingness to learn are key to becoming a member of our team. We will provide full and on-going training to someone starting out on their career.
You will be dealing with commercial and technical enquiries mostly from existing clients and also from new business leads generated via recommendation or via our website. You will serve as an initial point of contact for customers and prepare written quotations from verbal enquiries, specifications and technical drawings.
- Handle incoming customer enquiries by telephone and email
- Evaluate customer requirements from specifications and technical drawings
- Produce clear and accurate quotations
- Develop a thorough understanding of fume cupboard applications
- Follow-up quotations to convert to orders or determine reasons for non-conversion
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with existing and new customers
- IT skills including Word and Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Customer focused approach with a high attention to detail
- Full UK driving license or working towards one
Must be legally authorised to work in the United Kingdom.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Pay, Benefits & Hours of Work
- Monday to Thursday 8.30 – 17.00 with a 15.30 finish on a Friday
- Competitive salary
- 25 days paid holiday plus statutory holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
What else can we offer you…
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Full training
- Flexible working
- Annual bonus
- Social events
- Parking on-site
- No late nights
For more information, to discuss the position or to send us your CV just email us.